Wireless loggers are, due to the RTD sensor design, very accurate and stable, which makes them the ideal option for both qualifying the autoclave and validating the steam sterilization process.
A wired thermocouple system can also be used and may initially be the more economical option but will ultimately require far more resources to operate – resulting in challenges that could be avoided by using a wireless system. This is due to wireless data loggers being much easier to setup and control when compared to its cabled counterpart.
When using a wired thermocouple system for autoclave validation, there is the added challenge of maintaining the pressure and vacuum integrity. This is due to the necessity of using a feed-through system to allow the thermocouples into the chamber. Ellab’s feed-through system has been tested rigorously to ensure minimal leakage and optimal qualification efficiency.
Benefits of choosing Ellab for qualifying dry heat sterilizers and validating depyrogenation processes
- Choose between wireless data loggers or wired thermocouple system that are operated in the same software
- High measuring accuracy for the entire temperature range
- FDA 21 CFR part 11 compliance
- Reports for full documentation, including Fh calculations
- Calibration facility embedded in software